Monday, September 24, 2012

Poetry thoughts

Since a young age I just thought of poetry as one of those things you had to learn in English every year. You have to find the tone and messages they give to you...etc. Now, this year though poetry has actually stood out to me in a way that it hasn't any of the other years. There were some poems that I actually began to like, for example ,"The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost. Maybe it's just because im getting older but i feel like I can realate to it. Everyone has hard choices they have to make in life, and this poem shows that. I've actually began to appreciate poetry more,and all the meaning behind it all. These poets are sharing personal experiences with us and we should all keep an open mind to reading poetry.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you on this one! Poetry, no matter what anyone else says, is art. For people to be able to share their experiences with us, is a very brave thing. Robert Frost's poem is also a poem I began to like this year! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sort of understand what your saying. This year I noticed a difference as well when we learned poetry. I still don't prefer poetry but this year I began to appreciate it a little bit more. I feel like that the reason why I enjoy it more is because I am older like you said.

    ReplyDelete